I am a big fan of a podcast. Perfect for the walk to work, and you can learn about so many different things! There are so many great podcasts out there but I thought I would share my top five podcast picks:
- The weekly pop culture and current affairs podcast ‘The High Low’ covers a range of stories as well as recommendations hosted by Dolly Alderton and Pandora Sykes. This one is great for finding books and programmes you might not have come across other wise – plus listening to Dolly and Pandora I often find myself laughing out loud (a bit awkward when you are on a train!)Listen to The High Low
- Every Friday Olly Mann is joined by three members of The Week’s digital team to talk about the stories that didn’t get the attention they deserve for ‘The Week Unwrapped’. News can often be very depressing but they keep the discussion light and interesting.Listen to The Week Unwrapped
- ‘David Tennant does a podcast with…’ is what it says on the tin, David Tennant (or DT as his friends call him – listen to the podcast and you will see what I mean) is joined by a range of guests including Olivia Coleman, Jon Hamm and Gordon Brown.
Listen to David Tennant does a podcast with…
- Another news podcast that I enjoy is ‘Today in Focus’ from The Guardian. This one is a daily podcast which means they can cover each topic in lots of detail and you have something to listen to everyday.Listen to Today in Focus
- ‘Serial’ and ‘S-Town’, both produced by This American Life, are real stories toldweek by week. S-Town is only one season but it is a great story taking you on all sorts of twists and turns. Serial has 3 series each covering a different story.Listen to Serial
Listen to S-Town
My favourite podcasts I realise are mostly news and current affairs focused but as a girl who never picks up a newspaper I find listening to a podcast a great way to keep in the loop about what’s happening in the world.
I am always on the look out for new podcasts so leave me your recommendations below!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
It’s been ages since I did a monthly faves so here is a round up of my loves and favourites from April.
Why everyone should read Naomi Alderman’s book ‘The Power’
Five reasons why I think that ‘The Power’ by Naomi Alderman is a must read for everyone.